Some Inspiration For Your Next Team Building Event
Updated: Jun 15, 2019
Team building events are great for to harnessing collective strength and improving employee engagement levels. Escape rooms, fun runs, cooking classes, social nights, team trivia, bubble soccer - the choices are endless. The most important decision making factor is to excite your team to the fullest.
To spark some ideas and share inspiration, we have prepared some tips for creating a memorable, and effective, team building event:
1. Be original. We can probably all agree on the fact that boardroom team building events do not inspire employees too much. The connection doesn't’ happen, conversations do not flow and everyone seems to have urgent plans even though the event was planned weeks in advance. To avoid that, be creative and thoughtful in your planning! Choose an activity that will inspire teamwork, bond the team and promote exercising problem-solving. The results will say for themselves.
2. Get out of the office. The best team building activities are the ones that don’t feel like a day at the office. New surroundings can help inspire new ideas. A sense of excitement, achievement, and fun might not be possible inside corporate walls.
3. Or stay in the office. You can always bring the experience to you, with a number of pop-up options like mini massages, cupcake decorating, barista course and even cocktail mixology classes. The main point is, a team building event has to be exciting and fun.
An important part of being a dream employer is surprising and delighting your team. Team building events and investment in your team can help to achieve this while reinforcing your company culture through experiences. This will shift the way people experience life at work and support establishing a powerful brand image.
Some of our personal favorite team building events ideas are:
· Scavenger Hunt
· Paint and Wine Class
· Cooking Class with Matched Wines
· Whisky Appreciation Lesson
· Barista Training
· Paddle Boarding
How do you envision your text team building event? We are excited to hear your ideas and make them happen! Contact us at email@example.com